Get the Debut Album
Gigs coming up and other events:
- Missing playing music
- Sammy is opening for Bri-anne Swan at the Supermarket
- Ellen was just in A Christmas Carol. Check out the review
- Analogue to Digital: a new kind of event at Cafe Mây featuring the amazing Sammy in Toronto!
- Sammy tour details for Fall 2013 in eastern Canada
- Sammy is gearing up to tour Toronto to Charlottetown. Come join the party.
- Music, money & creativity in the age of the internet!
- The Members of Sammy Enjoy a Winter Picnic Somewhere in Canada
- The music keeps pouring out
- Sammy at the Railway Club this Saturday
2013 EASTERN CANADA TOUR
Category Archives: Colleen’s Write
Can’t say that I’m familiar with Amanda Palmer’s music, but I find her approach to getting paid for it interesting.
We’ve been struggling a little with that these days. As one of the members of our band who is also known as Tricky Mouse was recently asked for licensing information regarding some songs being placed in film. Having been previously burned before by a publishing/licensing company and having recently delved into software and internet art “creative commons” licensing and how effective and creatively dynamic it can be, we find ourselves with more questions than answers… but exciting questions!!!
What, if anything, should we be selling? Historically it was never the physical copies of the music that made a musician money, it was the touring, the t-shirts, the Victorian Age sugar daddies… Some interesting insights all over the place. downloading music?
We will keep you posted!
Can’t ask for too much more in a gig! One of the more unique festivals as there is a “hobbit” house built underground with a fire inside you can sit around. From the top it just looks like the grass is smoking. Later there is dj dancing in the pyramid surrounded by kegs of wine waiting to age. I am happily getting my first real sunburn of the year and anticipating an awesome show at 10 pm when the sun sets and the energy rises.